Stags youngsters claim Eastern Counties Plate success
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Under 13s have added regional glory to their collection.
The budding talents followed up their recent Cambridgeshire Plate success by lifting the Eastern Counties Plate at the weekend.
Adam Taylor, Finley Matthews and Jason Graham flew in for tries as the local lads eased to a 25-14 success against Norfolk Plate winners Diss.
Will Ramply successfully converted Taylor’s opening score and also guided over a penalty in the first half, but Stags saw their advantage cut by a converted Diss try just before the break.
Huntingdon regrouped at half-time and Matthews darted over before Graham broke clear to touch down with Ramply converting the latter score.
You may also want to watch:
Another Diss try put the outcome back in the balance, but Ramply’s trusty boot calmed any Stags’ nerves to send over a penalty.
Stags squad: Forwards - Max Proietti, Luke Basham, Archie Wilson, Austin Brennan, Alistair Campbell, Jace Craig, William Ramply, Harvey Pinkney, Drew Gould, George Ashman, Martin Ramsbottom, Ollie Read. Backs - Adam Taylor, Remy Edwards, Jason Graham, Dan Slade, Finley Matthews, Ben Rowbottom, Connor Smith, Reece Smith, Kyle Bennett, Laith Yazidi
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity