Stags suffer first defeat as Saints bag first win
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon suffered their first defeat of the Midlands Division One East season on Saturday.
The Stags’ super start to the campaign came to an end as they went down 44-23 at a Bedford Athletic outfit tipped to challenge for promotion.
They were unable to recover after conceding 17 points in the opening 12 minutes despite tries from Reggie Reid, Seth Muggeridge and James Thorp.
It was a case of third time lucky for St Neots as they claimed their first success in Midlands Division Three East (South).
The Saints shrugged off a couple of season-opening defeats to triumph 29-21 at Northampton Casuals.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives went down heavily 46-10 at Leicester side Old Newtonians in the same division.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'