Stags beaten in top-six tussle as unbeaten run comes to an end
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon saw their five-match unbeaten run in Midlands Division One East come to an end last Saturday.
Stags went down 29-13 at Newbold-on-Avon in a clash of two top-six teams.
All of their points were provided by Dan Malem, who went over for an interception try early in the second half.
He added the extras from the resulting conversion after previous guiding over two penalties in the first half.
The sole try reduced Huntingdon’s arrears to four points and, with a strong wind at their backs, they would have expected to make further inroads, but the two remaining scores both came from the hosts.
Stags end the year with a home date against rock-bottom Old Laurentians at the Racecourse this Saturday (2.15pm).
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape