Stags beaten in top-six tussle as unbeaten run comes to an end
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon saw their five-match unbeaten run in Midlands Division One East come to an end last Saturday.
Stags went down 29-13 at Newbold-on-Avon in a clash of two top-six teams.
All of their points were provided by Dan Malem, who went over for an interception try early in the second half.
He added the extras from the resulting conversion after previous guiding over two penalties in the first half.
The sole try reduced Huntingdon’s arrears to four points and, with a strong wind at their backs, they would have expected to make further inroads, but the two remaining scores both came from the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Stags end the year with a home date against rock-bottom Old Laurentians at the Racecourse this Saturday (2.15pm).
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Thousands of families tipped on to universal credit due to Covid-19