St Neots Town urged to make the most of their FA Cup reprieve
- Credit: Archant
Manager David Batch is looking for a performance and progress from his St Neots Town side tonight.
The Saints travel to Tilbury in a re-staged FA Cup first qualifying round clash
A Football Association investigation found they played an ineligible player - goalkeeper Andy Wilton - in the initial tie 10 days ago,
The club’s explanation of events was accepted and they escaped expulsion from the competition.
Boss Batch said: “If we perform to the standards we know we can, then we will have a great chance of winning the game tonight. “There is a home tie waiting in the next round and the possibility for a good cup run is there.”
You may also want to watch:
Two locals teams do battle in cup competition tonight. Eynesbury entertain Huntingdon in a Hunts Senior Cup clash at Hall Road.
Godmanchester travel to lower-level Cornard for a Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup fixture.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
All games kick-off at 7.45pm.