St Neots Town urged to make the most of their FA Cup reprieve
- Credit: Archant
Manager David Batch is looking for a performance and progress from his St Neots Town side tonight.
The Saints travel to Tilbury in a re-staged FA Cup first qualifying round clash
A Football Association investigation found they played an ineligible player - goalkeeper Andy Wilton - in the initial tie 10 days ago,
The club’s explanation of events was accepted and they escaped expulsion from the competition.
Boss Batch said: “If we perform to the standards we know we can, then we will have a great chance of winning the game tonight. “There is a home tie waiting in the next round and the possibility for a good cup run is there.”
Two locals teams do battle in cup competition tonight. Eynesbury entertain Huntingdon in a Hunts Senior Cup clash at Hall Road.
Godmanchester travel to lower-level Cornard for a Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup fixture.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
All games kick-off at 7.45pm.