St Neots Town suffer a Boxing Day stuffing at Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town suffered a Boxing Day to forget as they crashed to derby defeat.
Saints’ run without a victory was extended to seven games as they were thumped 5-2 at Biggleswade in the Southern League Premier Division.
They fell behind from the penalty spot after four minutes and the hosts struck again only two minutes later.
Defender Brett Longden was then dismissed for conceding a second spot-kick after a quarter-of-an-hour and a fourth goal followed just after the half-hour mark.
St Neots rallied as top-scorer Tom Meechan struck late in the opening period and early in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
But Meechan was guilty of squandering a glorious chance to complete his hat-trick when seeing a penalty saved before Biggleswade struck again with two minutes remaining.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need