St Neots Town pay �4,000 for midfielder Jay Davies after coach’s son impressed during loan spell
ST Neots Town have signed young midfielder Jay Davies from Woking, paying the Conference National club �4,000 to sure his services.
Davies, the son of Saints coach Andy Davies, spent a short spell on loan at Rowley Park earlier this season and played a steadying and confident role in the centre of the park, especially in the 7-0 win at Cambridge City at the end of August.
Club chairman Mike Kearns told St Neots’ website: “We all know of Jay’s quality from his time with us on loan.
“His transfer has been one of hard negotiation but we are delighted he has finally joined us.”
The 20-year-old was a trainee at Peterborough United and spent loan spells with Woking and Farnborough before joining Woking full time last year.
During his time at the Blue Square Bet Premier Division club, Davies has made 23 appearances, scoring one goal, but has struggled to hold down a place in Gary Hill’s first team this season.
He is likely to start in midfield on Saturday when Iain Parr’s Saints travel to Southern League Premier Division leaders Stourbridge.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
There, the manager will be hoping his team get back to winning ways following their Tuesday night 2-1 defeat to Redditch United.