St Neots Town pay �4,000 for midfielder Jay Davies after coach’s son impressed during loan spell
ST Neots Town have signed young midfielder Jay Davies from Woking, paying the Conference National club �4,000 to sure his services.
Davies, the son of Saints coach Andy Davies, spent a short spell on loan at Rowley Park earlier this season and played a steadying and confident role in the centre of the park, especially in the 7-0 win at Cambridge City at the end of August.
Club chairman Mike Kearns told St Neots’ website: “We all know of Jay’s quality from his time with us on loan.
“His transfer has been one of hard negotiation but we are delighted he has finally joined us.”
The 20-year-old was a trainee at Peterborough United and spent loan spells with Woking and Farnborough before joining Woking full time last year.
You may also want to watch:
During his time at the Blue Square Bet Premier Division club, Davies has made 23 appearances, scoring one goal, but has struggled to hold down a place in Gary Hill’s first team this season.
He is likely to start in midfield on Saturday when Iain Parr’s Saints travel to Southern League Premier Division leaders Stourbridge.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
There, the manager will be hoping his team get back to winning ways following their Tuesday night 2-1 defeat to Redditch United.