St Neots Town on the rise but Godmanchester Rovers tumble out of the FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town jumped seven places up the Southern League Premier Division standings with victory last night.
Top-scorer Tom Meechan hit the only goal in a 1-0 triumph over Dunstable at the Premier Plus Stadium.
Meechan converted his 18th goal of the seven after Ryan Hawkins had helped a long Jamie Anton ball into his path seven minutes before the break.
But Meechan’s former club Godmanchester Rovers suffered FA Vase disappointment as they crashed out in a first round replay.
Rovers went down 2-1 at Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division rivals Mildenhall as the two sides met for the fourth time in as many weeks.
You may also want to watch:
They fell behind on the half-hour before their deficit doubled with 15 minutes to go.
Tom Spark did halve the Godmanchester arrears with a late free-kick, but they couldn’t find a leveller.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
St Neots Saints were beaten 4-0 at Irchester in United Counties League Division One.
Eynesbury Rovers’ away clash against AFC Kempston Rovers tonight (Wednesday) has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Potton - the venue where it was scheduled to be played.