St Neots Town on the rise but Godmanchester Rovers tumble out of the FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town jumped seven places up the Southern League Premier Division standings with victory last night.
Top-scorer Tom Meechan hit the only goal in a 1-0 triumph over Dunstable at the Premier Plus Stadium.
Meechan converted his 18th goal of the seven after Ryan Hawkins had helped a long Jamie Anton ball into his path seven minutes before the break.
But Meechan’s former club Godmanchester Rovers suffered FA Vase disappointment as they crashed out in a first round replay.
Rovers went down 2-1 at Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division rivals Mildenhall as the two sides met for the fourth time in as many weeks.
They fell behind on the half-hour before their deficit doubled with 15 minutes to go.
Tom Spark did halve the Godmanchester arrears with a late free-kick, but they couldn’t find a leveller.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
St Neots Saints were beaten 4-0 at Irchester in United Counties League Division One.
Eynesbury Rovers’ away clash against AFC Kempston Rovers tonight (Wednesday) has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Potton - the venue where it was scheduled to be played.