St Neots Town through in FA Cup after four-star showing against Pinchbeck United
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town roared into the next round of the FA Cup with a comprehensive 4-0 win away to Pinchbeck United.
The Southern League side had been given the dubious honour of being one of only 13 step four sides drawn into the extra-preliminary round of this year’s competition, over two weeks away from the start of their league campaign.
But two goals from new signing Leon Lobjoit and one each for Adrian O’Hara and Tom Dickens secured the comfortable passage against the United Counties League side.
The first two goals came inside a storming opening 15 minutes, both headers, one from a corner and the other a free-kick.
Lobjoit made it three on 36 minutes, 10 minutes after having one ruled out for offside, and he completed the rout in the second half, pouncing on a Sam Gomersall corner.
You may also want to watch:
Saints now go to Soham Town Rangers on Saturday.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon