St Neots Town through in FA Cup after four-star showing against Pinchbeck United
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town roared into the next round of the FA Cup with a comprehensive 4-0 win away to Pinchbeck United.
The Southern League side had been given the dubious honour of being one of only 13 step four sides drawn into the extra-preliminary round of this year’s competition, over two weeks away from the start of their league campaign.
But two goals from new signing Leon Lobjoit and one each for Adrian O’Hara and Tom Dickens secured the comfortable passage against the United Counties League side.
The first two goals came inside a storming opening 15 minutes, both headers, one from a corner and the other a free-kick.
Lobjoit made it three on 36 minutes, 10 minutes after having one ruled out for offside, and he completed the rout in the second half, pouncing on a Sam Gomersall corner.
You may also want to watch:
Saints now go to Soham Town Rangers on Saturday.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.