St Neots Town endure a thrashing
UCL Premier League St Neots Town 2 Wootton Blue Cross 5 ST NEOTS Town endured a home thrashing at the hands of Wootton. Town were three goals down after 20 minutes and never recovered, despite Ashley Deverall netting against his old club to reduce the ar
UCL Premier League
St Neots Town 2 Wootton Blue Cross 5
ST NEOTS Town endured a home thrashing at the hands of Wootton.
Town were three goals down after 20 minutes and never recovered, despite Ashley Deverall netting against his old club to reduce the arrears to 3-1.
Wootton defender Steve Gentle opened the scoring just three minutes in and further goals from Jack Weedon and Danny Wilkinson left Saints rocking.
Player-manager Steve Kuhne dropped into defence to shore up the back line.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 8 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
After Deverall had given the home side some hope with a header from a set-piece, a goal from visiting captain Darek Jozwiak just before half-time restored Wootton's three-goal advantage going into the break.
A second Jozwiak goal on 57 minutes made it five, and although Saints captain Jon Hoggett pulled back a goal two minutes later with another set-piece header, Town were never really in the hunt.
Kuhne said: "Some of our defending was frankly embarrassing and we have Martyn Patching to thank for keeping the score down early on.
"I can't take comfort in the fact we scored two goals when we've defended the way we have.