St Neots Town endure a thrashing
UCL Premier League St Neots Town 2 Wootton Blue Cross 5 ST NEOTS Town endured a home thrashing at the hands of Wootton. Town were three goals down after 20 minutes and never recovered, despite Ashley Deverall netting against his old club to reduce the ar
UCL Premier League
St Neots Town 2 Wootton Blue Cross 5
ST NEOTS Town endured a home thrashing at the hands of Wootton.
Town were three goals down after 20 minutes and never recovered, despite Ashley Deverall netting against his old club to reduce the arrears to 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Wootton defender Steve Gentle opened the scoring just three minutes in and further goals from Jack Weedon and Danny Wilkinson left Saints rocking.
Player-manager Steve Kuhne dropped into defence to shore up the back line.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
After Deverall had given the home side some hope with a header from a set-piece, a goal from visiting captain Darek Jozwiak just before half-time restored Wootton's three-goal advantage going into the break.
A second Jozwiak goal on 57 minutes made it five, and although Saints captain Jon Hoggett pulled back a goal two minutes later with another set-piece header, Town were never really in the hunt.
Kuhne said: "Some of our defending was frankly embarrassing and we have Martyn Patching to thank for keeping the score down early on.
"I can't take comfort in the fact we scored two goals when we've defended the way we have.