St Neots Town ask Andy Davies to stay on as interim manager for the rest of the season
- Credit: Archant
Academy manager Andy Davies will continue as interim manager of St Neots Town for the rest of the season.
Davies has been in charge of first-team affairs at the Premier Plus Stadium since the resignation of previous boss David Batch just over a month ago.
Davies will now be assisted by senior player Adam Tann for the rest of the Southern League Premier Division campaign.
Chairman Lee Kearns said: “The process of appointing a new manager has taken longer than we initially anticipated.
“We’ve asked Andy to continue to the end of the season with Adam assisting him, and they will now be in charge for the remaining 11 games.
You may also want to watch:
“It is the obvious thing to do given we have got to the stage where performances and the style of football we’re producing have improved, albeit with slightly mixed results.
“It also gives us more of a window to make the right decision in terms of our next permanent manager. We can be pragmatic about it with no immediate time pressures on the process.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Davies has guided Saints to two Premier Division victories in his time at the helm. The club sit 10 points clear of the relegation zone.