St Neots suffer the drop as St Ives survive again in Midlands Division Three East (South) while Stags also slip to defeat
- Credit: Archant
St Neots were condemned to relegation yesterday.
The Saints’ hopes of avoiding the drop in Midlands Division Three East (South) were ended by a 59-12 loss at Dunstablians in their penultimate fixture of a disappointing season.
St Neots, who were promoted as champions with a 100 per cent record last season, can’t now escape from bottom place which means St Ives have succeeded in surviving for the second successive season.
Their safety was assured despite being on the receiving end of a 53-0 drubbing at Long Buckby yesterday.
Huntingdon were also beaten in Midlands Division One East. Damien Whales’ men went down 39-17 at the hands of Newbold on Avon at the Racecourse.
You may also want to watch:
More rugby in the Hunts Post
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k