St Neots star Tommy Martin to fight for Commonwealth crown
- Credit: Archant
Unbeaten St Neots fighter Tommy Martin will start 2016 with a bang – by fighting for the Commonwealth Super-Lightweight title.
Matchroom Boxing have this morning confirmed Martin will take on John Wayne Hibbert in a mouth-watering battle in January. The exact date and venue of the fight is still to be finalised.
Hibbert (30) has won 16 of his 19 fights and also holds the WBC Inter-Continmental Super-Lightweight belt.
Martin, nine years his opponent’s junior, has powered to victory in all 13 fights to date.
His last appearance in the ring was back in September when he stopped Michael Devine to win the vacant WBA Continental Super-Lightweight crown.
You may also want to watch:
Full story in the Hunts Post tomorrow.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages