St Neots star Tommy Martin to fight for Commonwealth crown
- Credit: Archant
Unbeaten St Neots fighter Tommy Martin will start 2016 with a bang – by fighting for the Commonwealth Super-Lightweight title.
Matchroom Boxing have this morning confirmed Martin will take on John Wayne Hibbert in a mouth-watering battle in January. The exact date and venue of the fight is still to be finalised.
Hibbert (30) has won 16 of his 19 fights and also holds the WBC Inter-Continmental Super-Lightweight belt.
Martin, nine years his opponent’s junior, has powered to victory in all 13 fights to date.
His last appearance in the ring was back in September when he stopped Michael Devine to win the vacant WBA Continental Super-Lightweight crown.
Full story in the Hunts Post tomorrow.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 3 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 6 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 7 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 8 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 9 Horrible deja vu for Gill as St Neots Town find another way to miss victory
- 10 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster