St Neots snap up hot-shot Hawkins
- Credit: IAN BURT
St Neots Town have completed their first signing of the summer.
The Southern League Premier Division outfit have snapped up prolific goalscorer Ryan Hawkins from lower-level Dereham Town.
Saints have agreed a transfer fee with the Norfolk club and Hawkins, the scorer of 22 goals last season, has penned a two-year deal.
Boss David Batch said: “Ryan has been on our radar for some time and totally fits our profile.
“He is adapatable as he can play at full-back or up front and most importantly he is desperate to push on to a higher level. “Hopefully he can do that with St Neots.”
You may also want to watch:
Saints thrashed out the deal for Hawkins with Ryman Division One North side Dereham earlier this month but it could not be completed until he had made his farewell appearance as they were beaten by Wroxham in the Norfolk Senior Cup final on Tuesday night.
St Neots have also made an off-the-field capture by securing the return of Carol Holland as physio.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding