St Neots runners win frostbite league
ST NEOTS Riverside Runners won the Frostbite League with a win in the last race around Huntingdon on Sunday. Paul Veitch was their first runner to finish in 12th place in 28 minutes and 15 seconds, and all seven male scorers finished inside the top 62. Th
ST NEOTS Riverside Runners won the Frostbite League with a win in the last race around Huntingdon on Sunday.
Paul Veitch was their first runner to finish in 12th place in 28 minutes and 15 seconds, and all seven male scorers finished inside the top 62.
The ladies saw Rachel Sutcliffe finish 48th as the second woman runner and Olli McGlashan came second in the junior race.
The Huntingdon BRJ Club hosted the race with 51 senior and nine junior runners taking part for them.
You may also want to watch:
Pete Galpin won the race in 26 minutes and 21 seconds, 33 seconds ahead of second placed Matthew Grace of Bourne Town Harriers. He was followed by Phil Rudd in 16th and Daniel Avondoglio in 25th out of the 422 runners. Tracy Bryden was the first woman to finish in 202nd and Peter Bottley was the first junior to cross the line in 61st out of the 123 juniors.
Sixteen BRJ runners set new personal best times with six making their Frostbite debuts. The BRJ Club finished fifth out of the 15 teams on the day and eighth overall.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'