'Triumphant rugby spectacle' at St Neots Rugby Club
- Credit: St Neots Rugby Club
It was a busy weekend for the St Neots mini and junior section with more than 400 children coming together for rugby on the common.
St Neots Rugby Club welcomed U6-U12s from Bedford & Biggleswade on Sunday (January 30) – and a packed schedule resulted in competitive matches across all age groups, and a fun morning enjoyed by all.
In junior rugby, as well as the U13s enjoying a triumphant 75-15 win over Huntingdon, they welcomed the return of U15's Girls.
Playing their first-ever game, the newly-formed junior girls had an immense amount of fun but narrowly lost out to Biggleswade.
“However, scoring five tries against a more experienced team shows that the future is very bright”, said Beth Robinson.
Meanwhile, both U15s & U16s progressed to the next round of the Cambs Cup with wins, while U14s enjoyed team-building by entering the Gransden Fun Mud Run in preparation for their cup quarterfinal next weekend.
On Saturday, the St Neots Heathens beat Wisbech 43-0 in a fun-filled game including debutant tries for Rhys & Woody, and the first foray into seniors for Rowan Bell, impressively breaking the line on several occasions.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Beth added: “We are looking forward to this weekend, on Saturday Saints host Brackley and the Colts take on Peterborough, while our ladies host Olney on Sunday.”