St Neots host Dutch Dukes in pre-season friendly
ST NEOTS Rugby Club went down 27-7 to Dutch side The Dukes in a pre-season friendly on Saturday. An early Charlie Usher try gave St Neots a 7-0 lead, and they continued to press positively through man-of-the-match Sam Peel, Adam Handley and Stuart Miller,
ST NEOTS Rugby Club went down 27-7 to Dutch side The Dukes in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
An early Charlie Usher try gave St Neots a 7-0 lead, and they continued to press positively through man-of-the-match Sam Peel, Adam Handley and Stuart Miller, but were unable to make the points their play deserved.
With a number of Dutch internationals in their squad, the Dukes then came alive and hit back with a converted try and a penalty to lead at half-time.
The visitors added two more unanswered tries and a penalty in the second half while St Neots tested their squad depth with multiple substitutions.
Club captain Mick Cleary said the game had been a success for both clubs.
"As a club we are proud to associate ourselves with the Dukes Rugby Club and hope that this is the first of many games between our two clubs over the coming years. Our thanks go to Chris Picton, Gary Fox and Johnny Morris for organising the game.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
"We equipped ourselves well both on the field and socially after the game, and we hope that the Dukes enjoyed their weekend as much as we enjoyed having them.