St Neots hope to appoint ex-Premiership players as management team
ST NEOTS Town are hoping to appoint former West Ham and Manchester City players Steve Lomas and Michael Hughes as their new management team. Lomas and Hughes, who have both played for Northern Ireland, and if appointed they would take over at Rowley Park
ST NEOTS Town are hoping to appoint former West Ham and Manchester City players Steve Lomas and Michael Hughes as their new management team.
Lomas and Hughes, who have both played for Northern Ireland, and if appointed they would take over at Rowley Park from caretaker management duo Grant Ager and Mel Hancock who have been in temporary charge since Marvin Johnson was sacked on March 4.
Lomas and Hughes have both been spotted around Rowley Park in the last week and were at Saturday's defeat to Yaxley. St Neots Town director Mark Bicknell said they were two of the top candidates but there were still a lot of applications to choose from.
"It's certainly no secret that they have been around the ground recently but negotiations are still taking place between them and the club," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope to do a deal to get them to the club and to get two ex-Premiership players at this level would be very good. We hope to confirm who our new manager is by the start of next week.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k