St Neots Golf Club’s Chloe Neal wins the Lesley Ford Trophy at Lakeside Lodge
- Credit: Archant
LAKESIDE Lodge played host to the Cambs and Hunts Junior Golf Spring meeting and a total of 40 girls between the ages of seven and 17 took part in the event.
The younger girls received coaching from Andy Fletcher, the professional at Lakeside Lodge, and also took part in skills golf, putting and chipping exercises.
The 13 girls competed for the Lesley Ford Trophy on the 18-hole course and in near perfect conditions St Neots’ 13-year-old Chloe Neal, pictured, played some solid golf to produce a brilliant round of nett 67 to clinch the title, with Chloe Ashman (Ely City) in second place with 69. The Scratch prize went to Jade Guest of Gogs Magog with a solid round of 81.
A further 15 girls divided into two sections competed on the nine-hole course and Brampton Park’s Chloe Drewery romped home with a magnificent score of 27.
The remaining 12 girls competed on the Par 3 course with Charlie Churms (St Neots) scoring a gross 40 to take top spot.
You may also want to watch:
The putting competition for the younger players was won by Jessica Hollingworth (Girton), with Abbie Hardwidge (Kingsway) second – but there was a hole in one for Brampton Park’s Holly Cardwell which helped her secure third place.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need