St Neots complete a model signing by capturing Mitchel-King
St Neots Town have today signed a former Rio Ferdinand body double.
The Saints have captured Mat Mitchel-King from Conference side Dartford – and he is likely to go straight into the squad for a Southern League Premier Division home clash against bottom side Banbury tomorrow (Saturday).
Mitchel-King, who can operate in defence and midfield, shot to prominence as part of the Histon team that jumped from the depths of non-league to within touching distance of the Football League.
He then went on to skipper Crewe Alexandra and AFC Wimbledon at League Two level before spending the last 18 months at Dartford.
Mitchel-King is well known to St Neots boss David Batch having played under him as a youngster at both Cambridge United and Cambridge City.
You may also want to watch:
The 31 year old has previously worked as a model and acted as a body double for Ferdinand in a Nike television advert.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor