ATHLETICS: Riverside are kings and queens of the Castle with team double in Kimbolton race
- Credit: Archant
Riverside Runners completed a team double at the Kimbolton Castle Half Marathon last Sunday.
The St Neots club took the men’s prize thanks to the performances third-placed Michael Taylor, Neil Shorten and James Shiner.
And Riverside also captured ladies’ honours with Jo O’Regan, the first female finisher, joined in the team standings by Caroline brooks and Kate Allan.
There was age-group glory for Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri star Annette Newton, who was first home in the FV65 category.
The Eastern Counties Masters Championships were staged as part of the race and four Hunts AC members won medals.
Nick Osborn (M35), Ieva Klavina (W35) and Caroline King (W40) all struck gold while Ty Farrer (M40) bagged bronze.
Riverside also provided the 3km fun run winner in Callum Cox, while Amelia Fleming was the first girl to finish.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
BRJ youngster Keelan Duffy was runner-up with clubmate Alex Mitton finishing ninth.