St Neots can take heart despite loss
Midlands Division 6 East (South) AFC Kempston 38 St Neots 6 A FRUSTRATING performance from Saints left them down and out at cool-headed Kempston. The home side were out of the blocks first with an early try that set the tone of the match for the rest of
Midlands Division 6 East (South)
AFC Kempston 38 St Neots 6
A FRUSTRATING performance from Saints left them down and out at cool-headed Kempston.
The home side were out of the blocks first with an early try that set the tone of the match for the rest of the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Saints responded with good pressure but a resultant penalty was missed and Kempston stepped up a gear when more tries followed.
St Neots were only able to add points with two penalties scored from the pinpoint kicking of James Daw.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 3 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 4 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 7 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters
Despite cursing their luck with refereeing decisions and a high penalty count against them again, St Neots can take heart from this match.
The line-out and the scrums worked well and the ingredients are there to give the impressive back line the platform they need to go forward and score tries.
There were excellent contributions from Mark Davis, who was a guiding light in the forwards, and Adam Peel, until struck down by a shoulder injury, was cutting through the Kempston defence with ease and pace.
Gary Bailey also impressed on his first team debut, showing a range of skills and commitment to make him stand out in this tricky fixture.
Despite the defeat, this was a good St Neots performance with plenty to take forward into the rest of season as the ever improving team look to become genuine promotion contenders.