St Neots begin pre-season training and are on the look out for new recruits
PRE-SEASON fitness training has begun at St Neots and the rugby union club is now hoping that the player shortages that blighted the Midlands Four East South side’s last season are behind them.
St Neots were unable to fulfil several fixtures last time out, with the chairman Nigel Samm saying it would be tough for second team players to step up to the first team, but an early plea for new faces should add to the numbers at the club for the coming season during which it is hoped there will be three teams competing.
Coach Mick Cleary said: “Training is and will be hard work as you would expect, but it will also be rewarding and fun, and rest assured we will always cater for all abilities.”
Samm added: “We are a friendly club that wants to be a large part of the local community and would encourage any new players to come and join us.”
The first team will open its new Midlands Four East South campaign on Saturday, September 8 with an away game against Bourne and there will be two derbies against St Ives to look forward to again.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives will begin their season away at Thorney after August pre-season friendlies against Biggleswade, Huntingdon & District and Newmarket and a cup game at Ely on September 1.
St Neots will also play Newmarket during pre-season. Anyone interested in attending pre-season training (Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7.30pm and 9pm) at The Common in St Neots should contact club captian Glynn Osbourne on 07866 870999 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash