IRONMAN: Terrific Taylor earns World Championship place as Nice Tri members rise to tough sporting challenge
- Credit: Archant
Eight St Neots athletes have completed one of the toughest sporting challenges.
The group of Nice Tri members took part in the recent Ironman France event in Nice where they had to negotiate a daunting 2.4 mile swim, 95 mile cycle and 18.6 mile run in scorching heat.
In fact the temperatures were so highthat the race was shortened in distance with all competitors having to sign a waiver which stated they would not take action against the authorities if anything bad happened!
Michael Taylor was the fastest of the locals as he finished 40th out of 2,294 competitors in a total time of 8:19.04 - a fine effort which secured qualification for the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii next year. He has now begun fundraising to be able to compete in that event.
Kyle Chesterman was next best in France as he finished in 9:37.43 with Karen French crossing the line in 12:54.48.
You may also want to watch:
The other finishers were Jamie Hills (13:08.47), Michaela Ridley (13:33.21), Paul Ridley (13:34.38), Andy Neeves (13:38.27) and Lesley Caroll (14:11.29).
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k