BOWLS: Huntingdonshire stars shine on the international stage for England
- Credit: Archant
A handful of top Huntingdonshire talents enjoyed international success last weekend.
Three members of St Neots & District Indoor Bowls Club and two Huntingdon Indoor Bowls Club stars were part of the England Under 25 Women's team which won the British Isles International Series for the third consecutive year.
St Neots ace Rachel Tremlett captained the successful England side to landslide victories against Ireland, Wales and hosts Scotland in Arbroath.
Tremlett was joined by clubmates Rebecca Moorbey and Robyn Hall while Chloe Brett and Jasmine Wilson represented Huntingdon.
England beat Ireland 152-36, thrashed Wales 103-39 and thumped Scotland 103-52 as they won every rink in every game.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend it is the turn of the England Under 25 male side to take part in their equivalent event at Stanley, in Durham.
And again there are local representatives in the national side with St Neots & District man Jamie Barker joined in the squad by Huntingdon duo Ed Elmore and Harry Ward.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'