St Neots 4 Thrapston Town 0
ST NEOTS cruised into the quarter finals of the Hinchingbrooke Cup by thrashing Thrapston Town at Rowley Park on Tuesday. St Neots played the first 17 minutes with 10 men and defender Ashley Richards in goal after keeper Lee Crockett was injured warming
ST NEOTS cruised into the quarter finals of the Hinchingbrooke Cup by thrashing Thrapston Town at Rowley Park on Tuesday.
St Neots played the first 17 minutes with 10 men and defender Ashley Richards in goal after keeper Lee Crockett was injured warming up.
The visitors got off to a nightmare start with Josh Crick turning a Matt Kenneford cross into his own net to put the hosts ahead after just two minutes and long before Carl Mackney arrived to put the gloves on.
Declan Rogers doubled Saints' lead with a left footed shot from a Sean Ridgway corner five minutes before the interval as Saints dominated with a full strength squad.
You may also want to watch:
Three minutes after the restart Peter Okechukwu beat the offside trap to round visiting goalkeeper John Kyte and slot home the third for a convincing lead. Okechukwu scored again 17 minutes later but saw his effort ruled offside.
Jack Wisniewski gave Mackney his only real test of the game, forcing his close range header to be tipped over. Jon Hall completed the rout after 74 minutes after Kenneford's shot was parried for his first senior goal of the season.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
St Neots next host Langford in the quarter finals of the Hinchingbrooke Cup.