St Ivo talents speed into the quarter-finals of national cup
- Credit: Archant
Top cricketing prospect Katherine Speed also showed her footballing ability to lead the St Ivo School Year 9 girls team’s bid for national success.
High-scoring Speed hit six of the goals as the St Ivo side slammed Drayton Manor High School 7-0 to reach the quarter-finals of the English Schools Football Association (ESFA) Girls Under 14 PlayStation Schools’ Cup.
Speed’s strike-partner Elle Jefferson hit the other goal as St Ivo advanced into a last-eight clash at home to the Moulsham School from Chelmsford.
The St Ivo School’s Year 8 team are also excelling in their national competition. They host Stoke Newington School from London in the last 16 of the ESFA Girls Under 14 PlayStation Schools’ Cup tomorrow (Thursday).
And it’s not just the girls who have impressed - the St Ivo School’s Under 12 boys team have also sampled success on the national stage.
You may also want to watch:
Twins Faris and Fayed Rhaman both found the net as they made progress in the ESFA Boys Under 12 Cup with a 5-0 victory at the Sirius Academy in Hull.
Kieran Thomas also struck twice in that triumph last week with Jack Taylor completing the scoring.Their reward is another away tie as they go to Leicestershire to take on the Wigston Academy in the last 16.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'