St Ivo School footballers chasing more national glory
- Credit: Archant
The St Ivo School is set to chase national football glory for the second successive year tomorrow (Wednesday).
The school’s Year 8 girls’ team are through to the final of the English Schools’ Football Association (ESFA) Under 13 PlayStation Schools Cup.
They will take on South Hunsley in the magnificent surroundings of the Madejski Stadium – the home of Championship club Reading - as they bid to win the trophy.
The St Ivo team will be cheered on by an army of 200 supporters made up of fellow pupils, staff and family members.
St Ivo were one of 308 schools to enter the competition this season and have reeled off a string of fine results to book their place in the national showpiece.
You may also want to watch:
They had to come through a nerve-jangling penalty shoot-out at the semi-final stage after making the long trip to Bristol to take on Hanham Woods.
The team contains many of the players who won Under 12 honours last season when they beat Grey Coat Hospital School from London in a final staged at Bisham Abbey.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'