St Ivo Racketball Open champions crowned
ST IVO Sports Centre attracted 22 competitors for a fierce day s racketball at the second annual St Ivo Racketball Open. There was excellent play in all categories, and none more so than the junior event won by Jace Anderson from a hard-working Christophe
ST IVO Sports Centre attracted 22 competitors for a fierce day's racketball at the second annual St Ivo Racketball Open.
There was excellent play in all categories, and none more so than the junior event won by Jace Anderson from a hard-working Christopher Rej.
Faye Kowalewsky and Patrick Norman retained their title from last year in the mixed doubles event and Kowalewsky lifted the Ladies title after a battling display by Rachael Chapman.
Jonathan Gallacher used all his skill to beat Patrick Osborn in Men's A final, while in the B final Nigel Strongitharm made the most of pinpoint serving to overcome Granville Armiger. Mark Dickinson picked up the Plate final when he secured victory over Gary Mason.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the event will return even bigger and better next year, and organisers extended their thanks to all who sponsored the event and helped on the day.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder