St Ives & Warboys CC install brand net nets thanks to grant
- Credit: Archant
St Ives & Warboys Cricket Club has been able to install brand new nets and batting privacy screens thanks to a £1,000 grant.
The club received the money from the Whittome Wind Trust to upgrade facilities at their ground in Warboys.
The new nets replace those damaged by rats over the winter and chairman Martin Croucher said: “Thanks to the help of the Whittome Wind Trust our net facility is not only as good as new, it’s now even better!
“As well as replacing the netting we’ve also been able to add batting privacy screens which will help protect the nets as well as providing an improved experience for all of our members as these cut down wind flow and provide extra privacy when batting.
“Whittome have been fantastic supporters of our club over a number of years now and this has helped us maintain the fantastic facilities we have on offer.
You may also want to watch:
“While the current season has been sadly affected by the coronavirus outbreak, we have now commenced training and our juniors will make good use of the nets for the remainder of the season.
“They will also enable us to come back stronger next year and give the people of the village and surrounding areas a net facility that is second to none.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'