St Ives triumph in Hunts derby to send St Neots crashing to the bottom of the table while Huntingdon suffer a late blow
- Credit: Archant
St Ives climbed off the bottom of Midlands Division Three East (South) thanks to derby glory yesterday - and sent their opponent tumbling to the basement.
The Bulls charged to a 27-17 triumph at St Neots to complete a double over their Huntingdonshire neighbours.
Matt Wood, Timo Battut, Ollie Bartlett and Mickey Drake all crossed for tries for an Ives side who were also awarded a penalty try.
And the success at The Common was enough to lift St Ives out of bottom spot as they moved level with St Neots and possess a better points difference.
Huntingdon were pipped 17-16 at Ilkeston in Midlands Division One after conceding a last-gasp try.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Parker and late call-up Zayd Makorie crossed for Stags’ tries while Tad Chapman guided over two second-half penalties to ease them into a 16-12 advantage they held until the final minute when the hosts went over for their third try.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal