St Ives trample Ely
Mini Rugby St. Ives 34, Ely 3 ST Ives played well against Ely, coming away 34-3 winners. For much of the first half the honours were even but for a brilliant run by Tom Brown. St Ives forwards began to dominate the loose play. A series of drives led to a
St. Ives 34, Ely 3
ST Ives played well against Ely, coming away 34-3 winners.
For much of the first half the honours were even but for a brilliant run by Tom Brown.
St Ives forwards began to dominate the loose play. A series of drives led to a penalty from which Dan Hyde made ground, releasing Matt Nice to score.
From the restart, St Ives regained possession and, from a scrum, a well worked move put Nice away down the wing who passed to Brown for a try. Dan Breed converted.
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
As the break loomed James Wood passed five defenders to score. Breed converted.
The second half saw excellent rucking by the St Ives pack.
Ely were forced to run from deep, which led to a tackle and turnover by Nice.
Adam Buttigieg retrieved the loose ball, releasing Wood to score his second.
St Ives continued and another turnover let Dan Hyde score in the corner.
Towards the end of the match, Mark Dominy capped a fine performance with a score from the base of the scrum.
The joint MoM award went to Brown and Dominy.