St Ives trample Ely
Mini Rugby St. Ives 34, Ely 3 ST Ives played well against Ely, coming away 34-3 winners. For much of the first half the honours were even but for a brilliant run by Tom Brown. St Ives forwards began to dominate the loose play. A series of drives led to a
St. Ives 34, Ely 3
ST Ives played well against Ely, coming away 34-3 winners.
For much of the first half the honours were even but for a brilliant run by Tom Brown.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives forwards began to dominate the loose play. A series of drives led to a penalty from which Dan Hyde made ground, releasing Matt Nice to score.
From the restart, St Ives regained possession and, from a scrum, a well worked move put Nice away down the wing who passed to Brown for a try. Dan Breed converted.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
As the break loomed James Wood passed five defenders to score. Breed converted.
The second half saw excellent rucking by the St Ives pack.
Ely were forced to run from deep, which led to a tackle and turnover by Nice.
Adam Buttigieg retrieved the loose ball, releasing Wood to score his second.
St Ives continued and another turnover let Dan Hyde score in the corner.
Towards the end of the match, Mark Dominy capped a fine performance with a score from the base of the scrum.
The joint MoM award went to Brown and Dominy.