LADIES FOOTBALL: Focus returns to league push after cup final defeat
- Credit: Archant
There was a first for the thriving St Ives Town Ladies club last Friday night as their Development team took part in a cup final.
Lisa Trigg’s side were beaten 2-0 by Wisbech Town Ladies in the Cambridgeshire Women’s League Championship Cup showpiece.
They conceded twice in the first half of a fixture played at the Ellgia Stadium in Ely and only a couple of smart saves from goalkeeper Sophie Marjoram prevented further damage.
Player of the match for the St Ives side was the impressive Caitlin McGeown.
They now focus on their push for promotion in the Championship South and kept up their chase with a 3-2 win against Cambridge Rangers last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The St Ives Town Ladies first team have a crucial clash at Westwood Road this Sunday, 2pm.
The leaders host closest challengers Bowers and Pitsea in a top-of-the-table showdown in Division One of the Eastern Region Women’s League.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder