LADIES FOOTBALL: Focus returns to league push after cup final defeat
- Credit: Archant
There was a first for the thriving St Ives Town Ladies club last Friday night as their Development team took part in a cup final.
Lisa Trigg’s side were beaten 2-0 by Wisbech Town Ladies in the Cambridgeshire Women’s League Championship Cup showpiece.
They conceded twice in the first half of a fixture played at the Ellgia Stadium in Ely and only a couple of smart saves from goalkeeper Sophie Marjoram prevented further damage.
Player of the match for the St Ives side was the impressive Caitlin McGeown.
They now focus on their push for promotion in the Championship South and kept up their chase with a 3-2 win against Cambridge Rangers last Sunday.
The St Ives Town Ladies first team have a crucial clash at Westwood Road this Sunday, 2pm.
The leaders host closest challengers Bowers and Pitsea in a top-of-the-table showdown in Division One of the Eastern Region Women’s League.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 10 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages