St Ives Town looking to appoint sports therapist to deal with all players at the club
- Credit: ST IVES TOWN FC
Work on converting the Westwood Road pitch from turf to an artificial 3G pitch has begun in earnest but St Ives Town are also looking to boost their ranks off the field too.
They are looking to recruit a sports therapist following the departure of previous incumbent in the role, Jess Guthrie.
The successful applicant would work not only with the Southern League Premier Division Central first-team but also the ladies squad, currently plying their trade in the Eastern Region Premier Division, and the academy players.
More details of the role will be provided on request by emailing club secretary Marina Howlett on firstname.lastname@example.org
The new surface at Ives is expected to be finished in June, ahead of the planned pre-season.
The Southern League have already said that the 2021-22 season will start on August 14, "for all four divisions".
The Isthmian League and Northern Premier League, their two equivalent step three and four leagues, will also begin on the same date while Ives' entrance into the FA Cup is expected to take place after this in the first round qualifying.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon