St Ives Town swoop for hugely experienced and successful Football League striker
- Credit: PA
St Ives Town have bolstered their ranks with the signing of experienced striker Marc Richards.
The 38-year-old scored three in seven last season for National League Yeovil Town after joining from Cambridge United and in total has racked up over 600 appearances in the Football League with the likes of Port Vale, Northampton Town and Barnsley.
Speaking on the club website manager Ricky Marheineke said: “As soon as I knew Marc may be an option it was a no brainer to do everything we could to make it happen. It’s a fantastic signing.
“He is not only going to lead by example in the way he plays but his experience and leadership will be a massive boost for the squad.
“Marc turned down more lucrative offers from teams in our league and above to join us in our quest for success and it’s great that he has bought into our vision and what we are trying to achieve.”
You may also want to watch:
He wasn’t in either of the two St Ives teams that picked up victories in their latest pre-season games on Saturday.
Westwood Road saw two fine goals dispatch a young Northampton Town side 2-0 while a late comeback by a development team at St Neots Town brought a 3-2 success.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.