St Ives thwarted by Boston Town
UCL Premier Division Boston Town 2 St Ives Town 1 SAINTS turned in one of their best displays of the season despite losing to two late goals at high-flying Boston Town. The home side have already scored 60 goals this season and boast former professional G
UCL Premier Division
Boston Town 2 St Ives Town 1
SAINTS turned in one of their best displays of the season despite losing to two late goals at high-flying Boston Town.
The home side have already scored 60 goals this season and boast former professional Gary Bull in their line-up but St Ives coped with their threat.
You may also want to watch:
Graeme Thackray gave the visitors the lead in the 56th minute after good work from Jamie Blackwell.
A hotly-disputed free-kick awarded against Anton D'Avilar on 78 minutes saw Paul Goodhand equalise for Boston and a scrambled Jamie Smith goal with 10 seconds to play left Town bemoaning their luck.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
The defeat came on the back of last Tuesday's 1-1 draw at Blackstones and Saints joint manager Jez Hall said: "We're not overly down as we know that we put in a fantastic performance against a very, very good side.
"There are three or four big-spending teams in this league and for us to be competing so well with them is a fine tribute to the quality in our side."
Town welcome mid-table Cogenhoe United to Westwood Road on Saturday while struggling Stotfold are Tuesday's visitors.