Cambridgeshire anglers taking advantage of lifting of travel restrictions
- Credit: ST IVES TACKLE SHOP
The lifting of travel restrictions has tempted some anglers to head out to foreign lands in search of fish.
St Ives Tackle Shop team member Ivan Woodrow headed off to an exclusive venue in France for a great week’s fishing, landing several fish including an unusual 36lb Grass Carp.
Harry Green got just the one catch on an overnight guest session but it was a big 31lb Mirror Carp.
The shop has been extremely busy of late with autumn being arguably the best time of year to go fishing
Shop owner Mickey Bartlett said: "Many of our customers are now starting to fish for the pike on local waters and drains, as well as heading to the River Great Ouse for some quality mixed fishing.
"Our catch of the month entries continue to come in with some great captures during September.
"Some of the specimens caught include catfish to 41lb by Adam Cray and numerous carp to over 30lb coming to the net for several other worthy entries."
Details of how to enter are are at www.stivestackle.co.uk as is more information on the fishing in the area.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Alternatively call 01480 468196.