August proving popular and successful month for anglers
- Credit: ST IVES TACKLE SHOP
It’s been another excellent couple of weeks on the fishing front with many anglers having great success.
Kevin Mclean took his dad out for a day on their local club water, catching 12 Carp between them up to a whopping 28lb 12oz.
Paul Marriot also enjoyed luck with the Carp, landing a 14lb Mirror and 23lb Common while fishing a Krill Wafter in the margins in just two feet of water.
St Ives Tackle Shop owners Adam and Mickey Bartlett finally found time to venture out into the Fens after specimen Rudd and the trip didn’t disappoint.
Using their boat to access some quiet areas on the drain during an evening session they managed to land several Rudd between 1lb 7oz and 2lb 2oz.
The productive method was a large piece of bread flake fished two feet under a heavy pellet waggler and casting towards the bigger fish in the shoals.
The shop is open for browsing and is still offering a click and collect service.
For more information on the fishing in the area, call 01480 468196 or go to www.stivestackle.co.uk
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages