Cool weather means the Carp are biting with big fish landed around Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
The cooler weather has finally encouraged the Carp to start feeding a bit more often with many good catches coming to anglers.
Andy Mendy took advantage in a carp match at Somersham Angling Club, not only winning the contest but gaining a lovely family fishing photo in the process.
Valius’s decision to brave the strong winds at Earith paid off with two Carp over 25lb while at Poachers Pool, also in Earith, Neil Owczarkowski landed five Carp, the biggest 29lb 6oz.
Jake Sellens and dad Paul had a bumper overnight session at Earith Carp Lakes, catching six Carp, one Tench and hundreds of small Rudd and St Ives Tackle Shop owner Mickey Bartlett struck gold with a cracking 2lb 5oz Rudd on the River Cam.
He said: “Cambridgeshire is a great place to have a go if you are after a specimen Rudd, especially on a lovely warm summers evening.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on fishing in the area, call 01480 468196 or go to www.stivestackle.co.uk
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 6 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 7 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 8 Huntingdon Covid-19 response team visit Glebe Farm
- 9 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 10 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs