Cool weather means the Carp are biting with big fish landed around Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
The cooler weather has finally encouraged the Carp to start feeding a bit more often with many good catches coming to anglers.
Andy Mendy took advantage in a carp match at Somersham Angling Club, not only winning the contest but gaining a lovely family fishing photo in the process.
Valius’s decision to brave the strong winds at Earith paid off with two Carp over 25lb while at Poachers Pool, also in Earith, Neil Owczarkowski landed five Carp, the biggest 29lb 6oz.
Jake Sellens and dad Paul had a bumper overnight session at Earith Carp Lakes, catching six Carp, one Tench and hundreds of small Rudd and St Ives Tackle Shop owner Mickey Bartlett struck gold with a cracking 2lb 5oz Rudd on the River Cam.
He said: “Cambridgeshire is a great place to have a go if you are after a specimen Rudd, especially on a lovely warm summers evening.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on fishing in the area, call 01480 468196 or go to www.stivestackle.co.uk
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week