Mild weather has anglers flocking to the banks with plenty of success
- Credit: Archant
Mild weather has allowed plenty of anglers to get out on the banks while the government’s restrictions continue.
Paul Marriot had a night session over at Fenland Fisheries and was rewarded with a 22lb Common Carp caught on a homemade boilie pop up fished over a handful of Sticky baits Krill Freebies.
Kevin McLean meanwhile enjoyed drop shotting for Perch on the River Ouse, landing 23 up to 12 ounces.
The method is a great one to try out during the winter months, as Simon Irvine has found out.
He has also been targeting Perch on a Fenland River with light rubber jigs landing 10 Perch to over 1lb.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Sellens had some success on his syndicate at Earith Carp Lakes, landing a 25lb 10oz scaley Mirror which put an end to a long blanking spell.
Gee Brown also landed a new PB Mirror Carp of 34lb 8oz after making a last-minute decision to do an overnight session because of the mild weather. It certainly paid off.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
There is also some great coarse fishing to be had on light tackle down at the Waits in St Ives now where some great netfuls of Roach, Skimmers and Perch have been caught.
Fishing Pinkies and regular feeding should soon see you catching plenty. The Waits on the River Ouse in St Ives town is also free fishing.
The St Ives Tackle Shop is now closed to the public but you can still order on our website for a click and collect service, including fresh maggots, worms, casters, and frozen dead baits for Pike.
If you would like any more info on the fishing available in the area, then call 01480 468196.
Alternatively go to www.stivestackle.co.uk