St Ives Swimmers Produce Their Best
ST IVES Swimming Club brought home an outstanding haul of 54 medals from the county finals gala. The medal total, together with an impressive 100 personal bests, delighted head coach Andy Hunter who had pushed his swimmers to the limit over the previous y
ST IVES Swimming Club brought home an outstanding haul of 54 medals from the county finals gala.
The medal total, together with an impressive 100 personal bests, delighted head coach Andy Hunter who had pushed his swimmers to the limit over the previous year in helping them to beat the tough new qualifying times set.
The new-format finals were held over an exhausting weekend of swimming at the Peterborough and Cambridge pools and coming through that examination with flying colours were multiple medal winners Andrew Weatheritt (four golds, 11 total), Kyle Ferrier (three gold, seven total), plus Giovanni DiSiena and Hannah Smith, who each won six medals.
Impressive performances over the weekend also came from Thomas Davis, Mike Mackrell, Rachel Moss and Chloe Solomou, who all picked up a handful of medals.
Other medal winners were Carl Johnson, Hannah Milner, Jasmine Powell, Rhiannon Pritchard, Katie Rogers, Peter Todd, Gemma and Hannah Sargent.
Confirmation of the St Ives club's strength in depth was underlined the following weekend by an impressive third place finish in the county relay finals.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 Thousands of trees planted in green initiative
A frantic evening of swimming at the Cambridge pool saw Saints just fall short of the county's two big clubs, winners Peterborough and second-placed Cambridge.
Top performers from St Ives on the night were the boys' 12 and under squad of Ferrier, Andrew and Thomas Davis, Johnson and Jack Smith, who won both of their events.