BOXING: Success for Bradley Smith in ring return
- Credit: Archant
St Ives star Bradley Smith enjoyed a successful return to the ring last night.
The 21 year-old stretched his unbeaten professional record to nine fights with a points success against Oscar Amador in Peterborough.
Smith was too classy for his Nicaraguan opponent as he made his first outing for almost a year on the undercard of Chatteris man Jordan Gill’s WBA International featherweight title triumph.
“It felt great to be back in the ring,” said Smith. “It was good to be part of a big show and to keep my unbeaten record going.
“I had fantastic support as always and hopefully I can now kick on from here.”
You may also want to watch:
Full report and reaction in the Hunts Post on Wednesday
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding