St Ives sink their hosts to retain Ely tournament trophy
- Credit: Archant
St Ives retained their crown at the Ely Hockey Club Mixed Tournament last weekend.
The locals were undefeated during six games on the opening day – winning three and drawing three - with Helen Clarke and Cam Seton regularly among the goals.
They continued to impress in the latter stages of the cup event the following day to set up a final date against the host club, who they had already faced on two occasions during the course of the tournament.
Their first clash ended in a 2-2 deadlock before St Ives won the next meeting 2-0 - and they also emerged victorious from the showpiece as goals from Mike England and Cam Seton earned them a 2-1 triumph.
Seton finished as the leading scorer over the weekend and was named as male player of the tournament, while St Ives team-mate Naomi Chalkley took the female accolade.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives continue to run hockey events throughout the summer at their St Ivo Outdoor Centre base.
‘Rush Hockey’ takes place on Mondays with mixed sessions on Wednesdays - both are open to people over the age of 13.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester