RUGBY LEAGUE: Roosters produce fine comeback to claim success
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Roosters collected their first win of the new East Premier League season last Saturday.
The local side, who handed debuts to Fin Laing and Albiee Tayedzerwa, recovered from a nightmare start to triumph 32-24 at Bedford Tigers.
Several Roosters players were held up in traffic and they soon found themselves 16-0 down, but Ben Fleming touched down for a try on the stroke of half-time to launch the fightback.
Man-of-the-match Gabriel Edwards and stand-in skipper Tommy Newman then bulldozed their way over for tries as Roosters began the second half impressively.
A trademark solo try from Dave Sykes then put them ahead before the hosts responded with two quick scores of their own.
You may also want to watch:
But Roosters were soon back in the ascendancy with a brace of Paul Ashbridge tries sealing a hard-fought success.
Roosters host Brentwood Eels in the East Cup this Saturday at the St Ivo Outdoor Centre.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home