SCHOOL SPORT: Thorndown are triumphant in biggest gymnastics event yet
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts School Sports Partnership were left head over heels – following the biggest Year3/4 Gymnastics competition since it was introduced in 2014.
More than 170 children from 20 different primary schools took part in the 2019 event at Huntingdon Gymnastics Club last week.
They competed across three disciplines – floor, body management and vault – with many sampling the sport for the first time.
Thorndown Primary School, from St Ives, triumphed in the ‘A’ team competition with Crosshall Junior School (St Neots) finishing as runners-up.
They will now represent Hunts at the County School Games on March 28 while Newton Primary School, of Eltisley, just missed out when third.
You may also want to watch:
Ramsey Junior School triumphed in the ‘B’ team competition with Houghton Primary School in second place and Brampton Village Primary School taking third.
Organisers are grateful to Huntingdon Gymnastics Club for the use of their excellent facilities and also to gymnasts from Hinchingbrooke School who acted as judges.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'