St Ives Rangers talents becomes title hat-trick heroines
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rangers Under 16 Girls are celebrating title glory for the third successive season.
A Lauren Gibson hat-trick and two Jasmine Hope goals earned the local lasses victory against big rivals Cambridge City in a Cambridgeshire Women’s & Girls League title play-off last Saturday.
They prevailed 5-3 in a winner-takes-all clash, played at Jubilee Park in Huntingdon, that went to extra-time after the two teams had finished locked together at the top of the standings.
It also provided a sweet slice of revenge after St Ives had been pipped 3-2 by City in a recent League Cup final.
The Rangers side, coached by Terry Baker and Andy Smith, who both have daughters playing, are now preparing for a new challenge when stepping up into senior women’s football next season.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives Rangers squad: Olivia Baker, Ellie Blackburn, Amelia Cantwell, Ellen Chapman, Maddie Dawson-Toates, Lauren Gibson, Jasmin Hope, Georgia Johnson, Ella Nutter, Kira Riding, Amy Seymour-Shove, Ebony Smith, Emilee Steel, Freya Triggs, Lehanna Turner, Jess Webb.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 7 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school