CYCLING: More major medal glory for St Ives rider Jason Kierman
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club star Jason Kierman tasted Masters National Track Chmpionships success for the third time last weekend.
Kierman struck gold in the 45-49yrs 15km scratch race at the Wales National Velodrome in Newport – the same venue where he won two gold medals back in 2015.
His latest victory formed part of a medal hat-trick as Kierman finished second in the 60-lap points race and also claimed bronze in the 3km pursuit race.
Kierman, who is back to his best after suffering seven broken ribs, a punctured lung and a broken shoulder in a crash last year, is already eyeing more major success.
He competes in the Masters National Circuit Races at Rockingham Speedway, near Corby, on July 21.
You may also want to watch:
Kierman’s long-term target is a tilt at World Masters Championships medals when that event is staged in Manchester next year.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation