St Ives Men
WITH the first team s match at Bourne II postponed, Saints II took centre stage, and returned with a 2-1 victory at Cambs rivals Wisbech. Patrick Cooper fired home after good play from Alex Drummond and captain Michael Wilderspin. The second half saw the
WITH the first team's match at Bourne II postponed, Saints II took centre stage, and returned with a 2-1 victory at Cambs rivals Wisbech.
Patrick Cooper fired home after good play from Alex Drummond and captain Michael Wilderspin. The second half saw the home team dominate but the Saints defence - with goalkeeper Shayne Paterson and centre-back Steve Cullen outstanding - held firm. Rob Glover increased the advantage on a rare counter attack and though Wisbech finally breached the visiting backline, they could not find another.
James Cahill's strike gave St Ives III a narrow 1-0 win against local rivals St Neots III.
A through ball from captain Aaron Singh set up Cahill for his goal, giving St Ives a boost going into next week's match at third-placed Wisbech Town II.
You may also want to watch:
A solitary goal from Dave England saw St Ives IV draw one apiece with visitors Cambridge South II, though Chris Hammond saw a late strike disallowed for St Ives.
Doubles from Ollie Williams and Stuart Perry helped St Ives V to a 4-1 win at struggling Bourne IV.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?