St Ives Men
IAN Basser s double strike earned Saints first XI a 2-0 victory at home to Rutland. An early strike from a short corner set the home side on their way and Basser doubled his tally after the break. Goalkeeper Suneil Raval turned in a fine display to earn t
IAN Basser's double strike earned Saints first XI a 2-0 victory at home to Rutland. An early strike from a short corner set the home side on their way and Basser doubled his tally after the break. Goalkeeper Suneil Raval turned in a fine display to earn the man of the match award.
Saints II enjoyed a convincing 4-0 win against the City of Peterborough V. Simon Bollom netted twice - once from the penalty spot - added to by goals from Mike Wilderspin and Alex Prestage.
Goals from Dave Boyle, Bevis Moynan and a penalty stroke from James Cahill helped Saints III to a 3-0 victory at Peterborough Exiles.
A Karl Buddle goal was not enough to prevent St Ives IV sliding to a 2-1 defeat at Alford II. Saints goalkeeper Peter Knight made some fine saves to keep the score down as well as Ian Chitty and Chris White in defence. Jon Clarke missed a late opportunity to claim a point for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
A young Saints V team lost out 2-0 at home to Boston III, failing to take a host of goalscoring opportunities.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder