St Ives Men
IAN Basser s double strike earned Saints first XI a 2-0 victory at home to Rutland. An early strike from a short corner set the home side on their way and Basser doubled his tally after the break. Goalkeeper Suneil Raval turned in a fine display to earn t
IAN Basser's double strike earned Saints first XI a 2-0 victory at home to Rutland. An early strike from a short corner set the home side on their way and Basser doubled his tally after the break. Goalkeeper Suneil Raval turned in a fine display to earn the man of the match award.
Saints II enjoyed a convincing 4-0 win against the City of Peterborough V. Simon Bollom netted twice - once from the penalty spot - added to by goals from Mike Wilderspin and Alex Prestage.
Goals from Dave Boyle, Bevis Moynan and a penalty stroke from James Cahill helped Saints III to a 3-0 victory at Peterborough Exiles.
A Karl Buddle goal was not enough to prevent St Ives IV sliding to a 2-1 defeat at Alford II. Saints goalkeeper Peter Knight made some fine saves to keep the score down as well as Ian Chitty and Chris White in defence. Jon Clarke missed a late opportunity to claim a point for the visitors.
A young Saints V team lost out 2-0 at home to Boston III, failing to take a host of goalscoring opportunities.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman