St Ives Hockey Reports
East Men s League Division One St Ives 0 Harleston Magpies II 10 ST IVES were crushed by an energetic Harleston Magpies team chasing promotion. Missing a string of influential players, Ives conceded one of eight first half goals within the first minute.
East Men's League Division One
St Ives 0 Harleston Magpies II 10
ST IVES were crushed by an energetic Harleston Magpies team chasing promotion. Missing a string of influential players, Ives conceded one of eight first half goals within the first minute. The hosts put on an improved second half display but it was not enough to stop the visitors adding a further two to their tally as Ives' recent slump continued.
East Men's League Division Four NW
You may also want to watch:
Long Sutton II 0 St Ives II 4
A COMFORTABLE win was enjoyed by St Ives II on their travels to Long Sutton to keep them just two points behind league leaders City Of Peterborough V, though with Market Deeping II and St Neots II close by with games in hand the table is still tight.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
St Ives III 0 Horncastle 3
AN EARLY goal doomed St Ives III as they conceded after just 30 seconds. The hosts enjoyed good periods of possession and had forced the visiting goalkeeper to pull off thee excellent saves before the interval. A sloppy midfield pass allowed the visitors to extend their lead and they notched a third in the closing stages.
East Men's League Division Five NW
March Town III 5 St Ives IV 1
East Men's League Division 7NW
St Ives V 6 Spalding IV 2
ST IVES V cruised to an easy win, dominating the mid-table team from the start. Several scoring opportunities were wasted early on before three late first half strikes from winger Peter Dickenson, midfielder Ollie McGlashan and Richard Corbett effectively ended the contest before the break. Corbett and Mike England grabbed two more goals as the second half began whilst McGlashan prodded home a goal-mouth scramble to complete the rout. The visitors rallied as Ives' play became complacent and they grabbed two consolation goals late on.