St Ives beat Huntingdon by eight wickets
Hunts County Youth League U15 Regional League South PLAYING at home, Huntingdon batted first only to see opener Chris Aldred dismissed for a duck early on. Tom Dowdell did his best to recover the situation, making a creditable 34, but Craig Linnell s wi
Hunts County Youth League U15 Regional League South
PLAYING at home, Huntingdon batted first only to see opener Chris Aldred dismissed for a duck early on.
Tom Dowdell did his best to recover the situation, making a creditable 34, but Craig Linnell's wicket fell for five.
Nick Kumpukkal's 29 was a valuable contribution but the Huntingdon batting went downhill thereafter.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Till's 13 not out was the highlight of Huntingdon's batting amongst the lower order as they had four batsmen out for ducks on their way to making 108 all out in 14.4 overs.
A Beavis's figures of 4-29 from four overs proved to be the best St Ives bowling.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Once at the crease, St Ives lost just two wickets on their way to reaching the Huntingdon total in 15 overs.
Opener O King made 12 before being run out, whilst partner Beavis managed only two before being caught by Jack Henderson.
S Setchell and S Ford then batted solidly, putting on 36 and 38 respectively to make the total with eight wickets in hand.
Eddie Shaw was the only Huntingdon bowler to take a wicket.
* THE Dame Norma Major charity cricket match will take place next Friday from midday at Alconbury Sports and Social Club.
INFORMATION: All enquiries should be directed to Event Organiser Laurence Rickard on 01480 891402 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.